Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Readings

A Calcutta street at night

Tomorrow is a reading holiday! (well its our day off, so I'm going to read.)

Right now I'm working on two books... Story of a Soul (autobiography of st. therese of liseux) and a doctor at calvary. Both are books that I recommend, though Story of a Soul is a MUST (i've only read the first half of the first chapter and I LOVE IT). Doctor at Calvary is at first a bit scientific, but it rapidly evokes great beauty that even brought pope Benedict XV (or Pius something or other) to tears after reading one paragraph.


Howra bridge
My knee is doing well... a bit pained, but Sister gave me some chemical cold packs to use... and hopefully it will get me back to work on friday, or maybe God will provide another secret mission, like He did today. :-) I do like how He finds ways for even those of us who aren't fully functional to serve Him. (He actually gave me two missions, both of which no one else will know until heaven. So don't try to figure them out. ;-) )

God is Good! (And He makes me smile ;-) )

No comments: