Thursday, September 22, 2005

Humility

Referring to the certified miracle which is required for sainthood, Dziwisz said: "The Holy Father didn't want to hear talk of such things. He would say `If by chance something should happen, God makes miracles, not me. I pray. These are mysteries. Let's not talk of these things.'

"But there were so many miracles which happened during his life," his longtime secretary said, without elaborating.

(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167205,00.html)

oh God, bless us with humility... love... and desire for You and Your will.

How much am I ready to claim the good things that happen through me? even if I know it can't possibly be me... and how often do I justify the bad, the dark, the sinful, as okay, something I might as well succumb to?

Johannes, ora pro Nobis!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

he is so holy! i hope we can be friends! (maybe he'll even teach me how to be humble and holy!)