Friday, November 19, 2004

stuff

so I think I'm sick... and if I am I got it while I was visiting Kat in Iowa... Visiting her was nice, though all we did was work on homework (since I had two tests yesterday)... on the way back from Iowa, as my plane was descending I learned a lesson.. if you feel congested, before you get on a plane take as many decongestants as you can... to make sure you're not congested on the descent... if you are congested on the descent you might have the same pain I discovered monday... thousands of small needles ripping into your sinuses (for me right above my eyes) so painfully you think your sinuses are going to pop from pressure, and tears stream down your face uncontrollably and hopefully mucus starts draining (cause if it doesnt you might actually have your sinuses pop)... I've never had such an acute pain before...

Anyhow... classes this week went well, I think I got A's on my tests, but I'm not sure about my Psych test... I'm almost caught up in Photography, which I should hopefully be on monday... and this weekend I need to catch up on Astronomy also... two papers too right and a take home test to finish.

Youth group is going well... I have to put in my resignation soon... so Lee is starting to take over more responsibility...

I'm going to see a talk from Scott Hanh tonight... not sure the topic... but it promises to be an interesting night.

Other than that... I've got to make like rain, and shower.

2 comments:

Penitens said...

Very sorry you're sick and that you had a painful flight.

Having a history of sinus problems, before I get on a plane, I take 2 pseudoephedrine hydrochloride decongestants (Sudafed or store brand) and then one or two puffs per nostril of Oxymetazoline (Afrin or store brand). Depending on the length of the flight, I will take another pair of pseudoephedrine 4 hours later. And always keep well hydrated (which will help keep the mucus draining - as you put it).

Be sure to read labels and be VERY CAREFUL about oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine if you have any tendency toward high blood pressure (in fact, consider not taking it or calling a doctor). Nor should one take OTC nasal sprays more than a day or so.

Sorry about the drug tangent.

I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to keep very hydrated. Hope all else is well. Be sure to report on the Scott Hahn talk.

Kathleen said...

Oh! I'm sorry that you're not feeling well still! It could be partly because of my very dusty room! Today Amy and I swept and vaccummed (which hasn't been done in more than a month!) and we had huge clumps of dust when we were done! Out floor looks so much nicer! We probably should have cleaned before you came, but ... OH WAIT! ... we didn't know you were coming! [you are one tricky mister!]

Have fun at Scott Hahn! God bless you!