Friday, January 14, 2005

COLD

So I woke up early this morning to get some work done on the computers at the lab (I don't own one)... and enjoyed the nice iowa morning... and by nice I mean... downright evil... 6 BELOW! what DID THEY DO TO THE WEATHER! Okay... calm down... Anyhow... this weather is insane... but I got to the bus stop right when the bus came and joined the sardines... got to school and the lab was down... as were the other labs in the building I was in... as I was heading to another building I remembered I could check out a laptop, which I promptly did, and am now on... My classes are interesting... Philosophy of Physics, Logic, Buddhism, and Metaphysics... Phil Phys is interesting as I used to be a physics major, and it seems promising, as the teacher is affable. Logic... well yes... I took it last semester in san antonio, but it didn't transfer right, and though I could go and protest, I discovered that the class it did transfer in as, counts to my degree, and that it would be a good idea to start off my Iowa state career with a good GPA... also I still have several things I need to learn in logic, and I don't mind reinforcement of the teaching. Buddhism is interesting... it seems to have a very interesting teacher... and the subject matter is quite interesting... in fact for an oral report I'm going to work on the Catholic-Buddhist dialogue (so if any of you have info on that, please email me sirhair@gmail.com ), and Metaphysics is interesting... I think my teacher is pro-abortion and is an atheist... and so far my class seems to be hostile to faith... which will make this class an interesting cross... having to stand up amongst lions and defend the truth... already I know I'm going to have to decrease that He may increase... anyhow... I hope soon to post some pics but... as of now I don't have a permanent computer... so that may be a bit... also my classes are all intensive reading classes... (except logic) which is much different from my last few classes... which were only read the text book type classes... anyhow... I think its a bit odd that the best and brightest of the nation (or at least Iowa) are all so vehemenently opposed to truth and tradition... they want so much to be unique and novel that they accept any garbage that presents itself as gold... may the youth of our nation stop being such... such teenagers.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you're in Iowa! I'm sorry that it's cold out! It will get better...I promise...you just might have to wait until march or so...or later...:-/ sorry! I can't help it! But I am glad that your classes are going to be interesting for you! I'm sorry that the Church there is not Orthodox. :( God bless universities! God bless Manuel!

Penitens said...

Stay warm and well fed (with the truth)