Saturday, April 01, 2006

Concert



So I'm one of two RAs for Freeman Hall... and last night was the Freeman Spring Concert which had the bands:

Plain white T's
Lucky Boy's Confusion
Tub Ring
Envy Corps
Stuck with Arthur
Sweet Afton

I never heard any of them before, but they ROCKED! It was a blast.

My Hall puts on this concert with our Alumni Committee (yeah my hall has an Alumni association! Its new this year, but will probably keep on keepin on)

And we all helped out with the concert, we had an Exec. Council which did most of the planning and the rest of us helped where we could in the planning but mostly helped in volunteering to staff it. I helped out at the last minute, but (partly because the guys knew me a little and I was the RA) was quickly put to work... I got to hang out with the bands in the Green room, and LBC (lucky boys confusion) lead Stubhy said he'd help me out with info on India... he was really chill and excited to help... he also gave me some ideas about getting a cell over in india, or a sidekick.

After being general "event staff" for a bit, I ended up gurading one of the backstage entrances and was shifted to security (so I got a security shirt too) and that was fun... I was eventually relieved and put up on barracade duty (at the front of the stage) and helped pull down crowd surfers to safety (if we didnt they'd get head dropped right after the barracades). The a whole group of us went crowd surfing as well (my first time, and we took off our staff shirts first ;-) ) it pretty much rocked and the music was awesome...

And I think I like crowd surfing alot... but I'd probably not do it anywhere else as there, I knew what was happening and where the crowd would keep you up and where they'd drop you. (since I saw if from security's perspective.)

Stuck with Arthur was really nice too! I chilled with their Merch girl (who is dating the drummer, I think).

The bands were really cool.

I also got some trinkets from the show... two set lists from Plain White T's, a set list from Stuck with Arthur, a drum stick that was left on the stage, a drum stick head that broke off while one of the bands was playing and a whole assortment of 5 picks...

All in all I was really impressed by how my guys helped put this thing on!

1 comment:

Tim Malone said...

I agree, it rocked, and I think you might quite possibly be more social than I am...never thought I would see the day!