Thursday, November 16, 2006

Crazy computer crud

so I just spent the best part of the day rearranging my purchase, calling the company, and having them call me and I think it's finally over...

In the end of it all, I got a worse warranty than the one that really sold me on the purchase because the one that was really good turned out to be a website error, then that warranty was upgraded due to the fact the worse warranty didn't exist either... but only marginally upgraded and i didn't have to pay the difference in cost, well i did, but I'm getting refunded. yeah that was complex now wasn't it... and trust me the phone calls were even more so. That was the simplified version.

I spent a few hours today calling or waiting on the phone to talk to one of the representatives of the sales or credit department. And I even had my grandma call the company. (Which by the way helped quite a bit).

And now... due to it all my comp may not arrive until monday, because of all the delays, and I paid for 2nd day... because it was supposed to arrive on saturday at the latest...

GARRRgh
Tigerdirect.com is the company.
they have really cheap prices, and good reasons for what they do, but too much bureaucracy and too many mistakes! (they are usually rather good, but I've had a few other minor probs with them.)

Newegg.com is by far a smoother experience.

1 comment:

sirhair said...

strike that, make it monday or so... GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr
just got off the phone with them... now I might not get it until tuesday or later due to delivery issues AGAGAGAGGAG