Sunday, March 26, 2006

Humbling...

Sorry if it seems like I've talked a lot. Its really great to hear from you. If I never said thank you, I'd like to say it now. You are the one who really helped me begin on this journey following Christ. I think it started with the first time I went on Quest, and then Steubenville, and then the Youth Ministry. Even though you're gone, I still look up to you as a role model. You are really a great person, and I hope you know that. So thank you for everything.
One of my guys from when I was a youth minister in San Antonio wrote this to me... its funny, because I felt so broken when I worked as a youth minister... and so useless and so horrible at the job. I've said many times that that was the job I failed most at... the job that I could have done so much more or just been adequate, but instead I just failed.

And then to get a letter from one of the youth saying thanks, and how I let Christ shine just enough to change him... it humbles me to realise how only Christ could have done it... because I certainly couldn't.

Thank you Lord, for letting me let you Shine.

No comments: