Monday, February 12, 2007

Pistachios and Pineapple soda

(aka, my dinner)

SO I just spent several hours, setting stretchers, stretching, preping and gessoing four canvases...



One thing I'm learning about painting, is that you can't just PAINT, you've got to have prepared canvases... which is a shame, but also a great lesson in patience... I've had an idea for a series of four paintings since saturday... I'm really really excited to start painting them... they've been running in my head for quite awhile... And I'm not gonna tell you what they are yet...

Also I worked on my other painting a bit... and it might be done... not sure... but I think so.

:-)

This weekend was amazing, my friends and I went on this Ignatian spirituality retreat, which was OUTSTANDING... I was a bit "well okay might as well" when I decided to go, but it was perhaps the single best seminar/retreat I've ever been to.

After the seminar on Saturday, several of us went to dinner, then to drinks at Grand central (we were waiting on a few more friends to catch up), and then to a party...

It was a fantastic night. :-) And I got to hangout more with Michelle.


(Grand central view from the bar)

No comments: