Saturday, January 21, 2006

First Spring Semester Snow!

So today was the first snow of spring semester...

last year there was a ton, this year much less so far.

A year ago I ventured forth to Iowa with hopes and reservations, and still a year later I stand around wondering what brought me here. Was it really the girl? Or was it something more...? This last few weeks have seemed to suggest that it was something else that Someone else had planned... I know not what... perhaps its more training for the journey, more subtle chiselling at my soul... and perhaps its more... I have hope still, but my reservations are slowly being dropped. My soul is slowy growing back to the places it used to be, slowly healing to the man I remember, but not the same man... a man wiser, humbler, more aware, and slowly learning to listen to the passage that brought me back to Iowa last semester...

Micah 7:5
Put no trust in a friend, have no confidence in a companion;
Against her who lies in your bosom guard the portals of your mouth.


Slowly learning but hopefully learning nonetheless.

No comments: