Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So I decided last night...

An email to my boss:

This has been really agonizing for me to discern, but I feel I have to resign.

What paperwork do I need to do? What do I need to do with housing?

I'll be up there the fourth still to move my stuff into the storage room and
clean out the rest of the room, if thats okay?

Sorry this took so long to figure out.

God bless and keep you!
Edward
Mortem tuam annuntiamus. Domine, et tuam resurrectionem confitemur, donec venias.


as I finished up the email, and prepared to press send, I realised how relieved I was, and how excited I was for the freedom... and decided to give my mind one more chance to change.

So I played the Axis and Allies computer game... which by the way has really really bad AI...

Afterwards, I began to wonder why I wanted to quit... and what I would need to do to replace being a CA... so I made an excel file with all my financial possibilities...
below is a part of the file...


I figured that I'd have to work 30 hours at a job that pays 8$ an hour to even out the whole situation... and if I chose to work only 20 hours as a CA... and made that comittment... I would end up better for the bargin (cause I could also work 10 hours somewhere else ;-) )

So I decided to be an average CA... no more giving it my all. I can't afford it... its too stressful and not worth it. So my house will have to figure out how to self govern or ...?

I guess I'm being taught moderation... Praise God. I'm a bit upset though, because I was invited by a few of my friends to go to Youth 2000 and I really need a retreat... but Kat was going to be there so it would have been awkward trying to evade her.

I guess I'll have to find another retreat to go on... :-\ I really wanted to go on this one though...

I'm humbled by your generosity, and saddened by my ingratitude. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: