Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hiking up Prospect Rock

the last two days I've had the luxury of being outside... its been a bit warmer (just above freezing)... yesterday I went on a bike ride which resulted in my mountain bike being out of commission due to a broken pedal... and we weren't even off road! (I was climbing a dirt road and right at the top the pedal broke off, stripping the threads off of the crank arm... turns out that that was the last climb and the rest was all down hill, but not knowing that I went to a tree, took 10 mins to tear off a limb and then stuck it into the hole to sub as a pedal... )

And today Sara, Devon and I went hiking up to prospect rock... it was a FAST ascent, with me almost getting dropped a few times... but I hung on... and breathing heavily made it to the top. Where in the 34 degree weather I stripped to my tshirt because I was sweating and overheating...


Climbing... almost out of breath...

Ah... the view at the top...




The view when you sit... sometimes more beautiful than looking far, is looking at what is near at hand..

Me, Sara and Devon on our descent and the end of the hike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! I'm totally jealous.