Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Winterizing and Baptism

Yesterday I did two interesting things...

One, I went and did my laundry and talked to a guy at the thrift shop about faith (the shop is run by an international rehab ministry). We talked about original sin and baptism, talked about obedience to the elders and just general faith. It was the most uplifting time I've had here yet... and made me miss having the community I had in Louisiana... where things like that were daily.
while look up baptism today in Canon Law I came across something saddening (because of what state a person would be in to receive baptism) and yet really loving and hopeful (because of the power of the sacrament and what it would prepare the person for... the loving arms of Christ).

Can. 871 If aborted fetuses are alive, they are to be baptized insofar as possible.

It's interesting to me that the people "ARE TO BE" and not "should be".

The other interesting thing was winterizing my house... As you can see it was successful...


yet apparently I was distracted... I'll be staring at that screw driver for 6 months now... but it'll be funny.

God bless!

No comments: