Friday, October 08, 2004

today

so today I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm and decided to sleep until my alarm...
2 hours later... I awake in horror as I look at my clock... 10.05am and my test is at 11.00... my bus to class was supposed to leave at 9.30pm... realising that if I biked to class I had to fix my bike and then actually bike at speed for an hour to get to class about 30 minutes after it began... my only option was to find if someone could give me aride... after calling three people... the fourth was my saving grace... Susan had just left her house to pick up some stuff at the store, and was very lovely in agreeing to pick me up, and take me to class... we got there with 5 minutes to spare, and having had a really nice conversation... So I stand out side of the class room (its not my normal class) waiting for the prof to go in... (he always arrives right on time, so I decided to follow him in). From the moment I sat down at 11:01 it took me until 11:20 to finish it and until 11:28 to check it... (I'm pretty sure I got a 100%)... afterwards, I still had enough time to walk halfway down town (then I hopped a bus) and was able to make 12 noon mass!! Now that's a nice reward for finishing my test quickly... I was almost in Academic Decathlon Mode... ... ... but I decided to slow my self down on the test... because there was no need to speed through it, possibly sloppily... and I didn't think the rest of the class would appreciate this stranger "beating them"... I figured it would be slightly demoralising and not help their grades any... so I waited until the first person finished to turn mine in.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Maybe you should remember to set your alarm, love. :* Praise God for Susan, though! She does a lot of very nice things for you. We should make her dinner. :) Yay for Mass and Jesus!

sirhair said...

I did set my alarm... I just forgot to turn it on

Kathleen said...

Well maybe you should try that next time ;)

Dana said...

Other than the rather scary start to the day, sounds like you ended up with a pretty good day. I wish i was all smart on tests like that! ;)