Saturday, October 09, 2004

Waiting...

Waiting for monday... trying to square away Youth Group for tuesday while I'm gone... wondering what the Abbey will be like... wondering if I am forgetting to do something... wanting to buy new bike stuff for my birthday... waiting until my friends figure out what they want to buy (to save on shipping)... and wanting to do something... and yet nothing at the same time... I cleaned up my rear derailleur, and tried to fix it... wasnt able to fix it, only hopefully "patch" it up... I think It'll ride for some time longer, but I'm still going to be looking into a new rear derailleur... which might actually be really hard to find, considering the age of my bike and the style of derailleur being quite antiquated... what should I pack for the Trappist week? I'm thinking jeans... maybe a pair of shorts... don't know...

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

pack jeans silly! :* and something nice to wear to Mass. i will miss you while you're gone. what exatly is it that you are "wanting to do something... and yet nothing at the same time..."? Confusion! :*

Penitens said...

Kat is right about the choice of clothes.

May your time at the Abbey be fruitful.

wanting to do something... and yet nothing at the same timeIsn't the fulltime contemplative life doing "nothing" (as the world sees it) and a very big something in the eyes of God?

Adrienne said...

Hope you have a great time. Hmm, sometimes I also want to do something and nothing at all, all at the same time. It is a bit tiresome. But true nonetheless.