Saturday, October 02, 2004

A new springtime.

So I am really excited to go to Gethsemani Abbey!!! I haven't had a silent retreat in over a year... and the stillness of soul and action was so BEAUTIFUL that I couldn't help but smile at the smallest displays of God's beauty... from leaves to the cool grass, to the smile of strangers, the beauty of words... I can't WAIT!! Being near so many men that seek holiness, is so edifying to a weary soul. Knowing that the Truth has touched other lives so much that they can't help but give their everything in service, that they can't rest until they rest in Thee, knowing that the radical love of Christ is still present in His Church today... Being near holy men makes me want so much to be on their path... but more so it reminds me of my own... and strengthens me on my quest.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I am very happy for you! I hope that you are at peace when you are there. Your simple joy makes me so happy! You are a beautiful soul, my love! God bless your retreat and preparation for the retreat!