Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Photos: Day 24: Geneve: trop pas. Paris: trop cool

(so I'm finally catching up on my Winter trip posts...)


This statue was given by the people of Geneva to the people in Geneva for the commemoration of their return into the swiss confederation, after they left a few years before. I'd like to suggest two titles for this statue... 1.) We like to pat ourselves on our backs and celebrate our fickleness. 2.) We can't find anything of import to celebrate. (Apologies to my swiss friends and all you swiss-o-philes).

At first glance at these flags, I thought... the UN? but that's in New York and The Hague... then I realised, oh yeah, and Geneve.

Calvin's Cathedral... (St. Peter's in Geneva)

Some beautifully painted woodwork was to be found inside...

As well as "Calvin's Chair" just me or does anyone else notice a disparity in any comparison between Calvin's Chair and St. Peter's Chair... two examples... one sheer beauty... have you seen St. Peter's Chair? (well you should have I posted a picture of it in January). And two... Claim of Authority (i.e., Name) Hmm... St. Peter an actual apostle ...

The Chapel was pretty and gave me a way to imagine how churches used to be painted inside...

"The jet" or something like that... caused a beautiful rainbow!

And beautiful swans were gathered at the edge of the park

The Lunch I brought on my escape from Geneva... A yougurt drink, Virgin Cola, a sandwich of some sort (Salmon Horseradish?), and CHEESE! Oh and Meds. Not too shabby.

Upon arriving in Paris, I spent some time trying to figure out how to use the pay phones... they didn't accept change... so after trying to figure it out for awhile and asking help from some people I finally was directed to a store where I bought a Calling card... (DUH) Since my credit card wouldn't work without a Smart Chip. Then once I got a hold of Gael, I managed my way through the Subway to his place... while exiting the subway I noticed graffiti in a place that seems primo... yet one that I've never seen before... on the escalator stairs... it's like a moving advert... who wouldn't want to tag there?

Upon exiting the system I noticed the welcome of Paris... They love me so much that they put my name in lights all over the city! We will definitely have to fix their choice in colour, but I'll let it slide this time.

Gael with his GAMBAS! He's an amazing guy, you should meet him! Either in Paris or India!

And this guy... with a great French meal in front of him...

And a great French desert!

No comments: