Thursday, April 05, 2007

These glossy shoes.


These glossy shoes
They dance
Ahora y aqui.
In Mexico
My shoes were worn
Tired and holy.
Yet they danced
to the sound of
my daughter's cries.
Mi Bonita.

In the desert
I wore new shoes.
My wife bought them.
In the mountains,
Across the Rio,
They danced
Each time my
Heart looked down.
Mi Amor.

In the city
My shoes carried me.
Each morning I woke
I'd pull my pillows
To my feet
Wash my face
and step into
El cielo frio y azul .

My shoes stood the corner
Hoping to be chosen.
Wondering what I would
Do today.
Pacing. Praying.
They carried
Sacks of wheat,
Corn and soy.
Dug holes
Built fences.
Painted.
Yet most of all
They carried
Mi casa.

Last week
I bought new
Shoes.
Y mi alma canta
And these glossy shoes
Dance to the baritone
Of clanging
Plates
The tenor of forks
Clinking with spoons
The orchestra of the
Stove and dishwasher
And the bass
Of water
Dropping
Unto
My
Glossy shoes.

The music makes
Them dance.
Because, now,
I will
Be home
Por mi Bonita's
Cumpleaños.

These glossy shoes
They dance
Ahora y aqui.


-----------
Translations:
Ahora y aqui. ~ Right now and Right Here

Mi Bonita. ~ My Pretty One.

Mi Amor. ~ My Love.

El cielo frio y azul . ~ The sky cold and blue.

Mi casa. ~ My house

Y mi alma canta. ~ And my soul sings.

Forks ~ tenedores

Spoons ~ cucharas

Por mi Bonita's ~ For my Pretty One's
Cumpleaños. ~ Birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coucou Monsieur Cheveux,
Il ne te reste plus qu'à traduire... en Français ! Tu connais mon niveau en langues étrangères !

J'tembrasse !
DodO