Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day two/two point five

I saw a duck yesterday right before lunch... he looked gainly and awkward... yet somehow that just made me want to eat it all the more... But instead I just admired it's white plumage and persistence in upstream swimming.


So yesterday I was working on one painting... and today I'm still staring at it and working on it...

I'm also working now on four more paintings... and by working I mean I have two paintings gessoed (aka. primed) and ready for this evening, and I've already started on two panels... I really want to work on a fifth painting, but the store closed and I'll have to wait until tomorrow...

Here is the painting I'm still working on from yesterday... Base layer...
Sketches...
Some filler...
Flipped over and ready for more work.

After dinner yesterday there was a live bluegrass band playing on the lawn near my house...

and there were tons of hippies... which felt very homey for me and reminded me of Austin... oh I miss Austin.

No comments: