Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Paintings from Day 1

So we safely arrived to la guardia Airport Saturday Where Hetti confused a flock of cabbies for a flock of chickens... Michelle and I then enjoyed a lunch at this bagel deli in Queens which was swarmed with ancient locals.

We arrived back at her place, packed up some of my stuff and then promptly headed out to Connecticut that night... The next morning, I pack up my stuff into Michelle's car, and found that she had turned into a dog...
Eventually I convinced her to turn back into a human, but she wasn't so happy about having to change back.

After several hours, we arrived in Vermont ... Ver(t) Mont... Green Mountain (in French)... which makes so much more sense considering we heard French music on NPR up here.


Finally at 330, we arrived in Johnson, home of the Vermont Studio Center... (we had to be here before 4, and Michelle kindly and painfully held her need to use the restroom to get us here on time! She's fantastic!)


So I started painting yesterday... and it was interesting start... they're alot more abstract than in the past, but they're interesting. The first four are a series I call "mercy in India" and the last of the four is entitled "a death in India". The last two are untitled as of yet. And all are on paper.







No comments: