Tuesday, August 29, 2006

NYC... 'nuff said

So I'm working at a men's shelter in the Bronx with the CFRs for the last two days. It's really cool, and I might get the chance to work with the youth center. Which I think I would love to do! For some reason, the Bronx feels like home... (assuming, of course if I stay here.)

Tim and I got free TB tests today at the city clinic, we find out our results on thursday. (I needed one since I just got back from India).

so the subway system in NYC is actually amazingly easy to navigate and very cheap and convienent... like 74$ for unlimited rides for a month.

Also, New Yorkers are NICE PEOPLE... maybe you don't believe me, but they aren't as mean as they're portrayed. Example. I was on the train from CT to NYC the other day and found out they don't take credit on the train. All I had with me was some change, so I asked the conductor where I should get off to purchase a ticket, he said some city, and then asked if I had any money at all. I said maybe $5 in quarters (I had just done laundry). He said smiling and quite nicely "count it up, and I'll be back". I counted it up and it was $10.25.

He took it, gave me a $1 back and said aside, "so you have some money" then said "We'll make you a senior Citizen today." So I ended up having more money than I thought and paid less than half the cost for the train ride.

No comments: