Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tearful goodbyes


I've never been one for good byes. Ask my NET team about them, and I'm sure they'll tell you how cold I was about the deal. Even from the first day we met, I told them I'd probably not expect to talk to them again, save once a year or so. Which in most cases (if not all right now) is actually the fact. I've never been one for sentimentalism or the such.

But over the last few years, I've met more and more people that I've wanted to let into my life. And many of them I've had to say good bye to. I find it hard, sorrowful, tearful, sad.

Some of them I know I'll see again (I miss Louisiana SOOOOOO much!) and some I just hope to see again. The second are the ones that I've met here. Why don't I know I'll see them again?

I'm in Kolkata, and I'm leaving here too. Few of my friends are staying, and rarer yet are those that plan to be here in two years. In Louisiana, I just have to go to one place to find all my loved ones. For Kolkata, I have to hunt them down and throw a net over them, and then hope they don't spoil while I gather everyone else.

The Kolkata summer of 2006 is something that will never be played again. My friends even if we do keep in contact with, will never all be in the same place (unless I die, then I hope they all come to my funeral).

I'm not so sure I like this new warmth in my heart. It sorrta hurts, alot.
(7:40am July 31, 2006)

No comments: