Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm tired of compromise.

A search for excellence is an inadequate approach to God, leaving us vulnerable to snare after snare. Our only hope is obedience.
Fred Stoeker


Most people see excellence as something to be attained, a goal in itself, the comfortable place where they've gone beyond what others do, and feel that's enough.

The I'm a good person syndrome that permits them to not seek perfection, that permits them not to be RADICAL.

My faith has always been radical, I've always wanted perfection, but I've surrounded myself with people that compromise, and slowly that's become what I've desired, as I've desired their friendship. But enough is enough! My Lord was radical, and so must I be. Perfection is my goal, and nothing must stand in the way.

No compromise, for the sake of someone else's "happiness" is worth my soul, or theirs, regardless of what they think...

I'm done being an agent of Satan... I'm done with the compromise of excellence... I want the radical perfection of Christ, and obedience to His will.

No comments: