Friday, July 07, 2006

Only Hope.

Only Hope by Caedmon's Call
-----------------------------
Depth of mercy can there be
Mercy still reserved for me
Can my God, your wrath forebear
Me the chief of sinners, spare

Chorus
It's my only hope
You're my only hope
It's my only hope of Heaven
At the cross forgiven

I have long withstood your grace
Long provoked you to your face
Would not harken to your calls
Grieved you by a thousand falls

(Chorus)

There for me the Savior stands
Shows his wounds and spreads His hands
Face to face before the Son
And like Isaiah I'm undone

Depth of mercy, vast and free
So much deeper than the sea
God of love, you heard my cry
Now into your open arms I fly

(Chorus)
---------------------
I don't know how to explain what is happening in my soul... but this song is perhaps a good start.

My prayers feel dry, but at the very same time I know I'm growing in faith. I know that my dedication is being rewarded by my King.

I know my darkness, and I'm dumbfounded by His Divine Mercy.

When the light shines, the shadows fall in a persons eyes. And the darkness in which they dwell is more evident. And as I've been sitting in Adoration with the Son exposed, the Light has been showing me the darkness that I wrestle with. And though I struggle, my Only Hope will redeem me and conquer the darkness for me. So long as I'm willing to sit in His rays and be Sonburned.

He wants you and me to be a great Saint, and I'm trying to lay down my life, that He may shine. I'm tired of not being the Saint He wants.

No comments: