Thursday, December 28, 2006

Day four... no time to edit...

Day four
1046
Never forget your knife at home it is always important.
If you buy something you want, don't worry if it was a good price.
1047
12/28/06
1110
Spent about 8 euro on a charger and 8 euro on food that should last me several days at least as supplemental food. Currently waiting in line for train tickets... Hopefully I can catch a cheap one to split or somewhere like that.
I don't know when next i'll be able to post on my blog (or when i'll get a warm shower and nice bed).
1115
1152 got my ticket to ancona hope everything works out... Mary guide me.
1153
Doesn't matter which country you are in there are scams and americans... The scams here are mostly the same aside from the theatrical and dramatically posed mother holding a child she wants money to feed. " solo lacte"... Crazy perhaps I'm attributing dramatics to reality, but its the same modus operandi as every other scam... Busy area, dramatic effect for quick recognition/emotive appeal, clean shoes/good clothes (that's part of the tell).
1203pm

Tombs~ 1hr
Mass ~.75
Lunch ~.5
Photo ~.25
To/from vatican ~.75
Webpost~1
Xfer $ ~.25
To/from hostel~.5

Total:5hrs perfect!
Too bad masstimes aren't flexible!
120pm

135
Lust is the perversion of our desire for beauty. We try to "have someone", and we only know how to have if we posess... And the only way we know how to posess something of someone is with a memory. The knolwedge that I had her by kissing her and by "having" her I had her beauty. I was able to get the beauty I desired, which means I can get it again from wherever I find beauty. We build our confidence upon posession, "I'm okay because I can get what I want when I want. I can get beauty, compassion and love." but we build this confidence on perveted ideas of the very things we crave. Beauty can not be taken from someone, we have a memory and thus we've subtituted what we desire with something attached to someone that has that which we desire. That`s all. But we're so good at fooling ourselves, that we think we're getting what we want, when what we want is now a few degrees further.

All our desires cannot be posessed, only ever attained and received.
151pm
205
Just ate lunch in st. Pete's square... Crostoni (dried bread that will hopefully stay good for a few days), cherry jam and fake gnutella and sparkling water (Yay!). And desert is pastacios! I guess one thing in travelling is trying to find your cheap food... The thing you can eat and eat and eat. And not get you sick from either revulsion or sweetness.
209pm
558pm
I'm rushing to the hostel right now (going through pete's square. If I get to post it will be this compilation of notes I keep for the day... Sorry I don't have time to edit or rewrite. I'll be out of communication for a while probably. But know I'm thinking and praying for you. Tonight I go to Ancona, where I hope to catch a ferry to croatia and then a bus to bosnia. Who knows where i'll end up or how... But God is with me is my middle name. (litterally).
God bless you all! Signing out from my cell.
604pm

Oh yes one more thing... I can't send letters if I don't have your mailing addy... So you (my friends, etc.) all need to send me your info!
607pm

No comments: