Saturday, December 23, 2006

HARLEM

Harlem
1233pm 12/23/06
There are things here you don't see anywhere else in manhattan... Drug deals occur constantly around me between guys who'd rather not kill but would if they feel threatened and the motley of addicts that need a fix. Keep your eyes down, play dumb or act as if they don't exist. A guy got his throat slashed the other day right outside the subway... Inconvienient for me as I was trying to get in as the cops and medics swarmmed. Traffic was probably tied up for an hour as a bus stopped in mid intersection in response to the congregation of emergency vehicles... I don't know, I just crossed the street and went underground. People scam businessmen trying to make a few bucks, or maybe they're right the guy ripped him off... Who knows? I just wanted to use the atm, when the yelling started and I got stuck inside a volitile room... Can't breathe, must leave... Door blocked by yelling guy... Times like these that colour matters... Well at least I'm not white.
1245

No comments: