Monday, September 20, 2004

Financial Mgmt

So in theory I just helped my mom with a financial management take home test... the help is theoretical because I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CLASS... so I simply used the Skills I learned way back when on how to take open book tests on blind subjects, aka subjects you've never seen. This skill set is actually an amalgamation of two things I learned... how to take open book tests you never studied for and get a near perfect score(a very frequent occurence for me in High School), and how to take tests on subjects you've never seen nor heard of, and still get above a 70% (this was a sport of sorts we used to play in High School)... Ah... the AcaDec days... *misty eyed* how I miss them...

Anyhow... so assuming the information I gleamed from the book and the questions was all I needed to know and I didn't neglect something, I helped my mom out... but if I missed something, then I hurt her... but hey, its four a.m. and both our minds are about to shut down completely... so at least using me was better than guessing. (she was about to resort to that).

I think that Financial Managment is basically a course in equation learning... in which case, the class could be summed up by a page and a half long equation sheet with nice lettering, and bold fonts, yes BOLD fonts... not that italic stuff you Americans like... wait I'm American... if that's the case then what really is the point in taking a Financial Managment class?

But then again, I did learn in High School that all business classes were basically the same except accounting.. that class required drawing really straight lines... Ah, Accounting! The Art class for business students... no wonder why I decided to not subject myself to the mind numbing pain of business in college... Taking a whole semester to learn something that you could look up in a reference book in under five minutes...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

that was nice of you to help her!