Tuesday, September 28, 2004

WHOA!

So I open my email today and find 38 NEW Messages for me... I haven't had this amount of email since I was a Computer consultant...

Guess what the majority were? VOCATION information...

Yup... that's right... Hey come be a priest here, or a monk here... how about a friar ?

I think I'll look into them a bit more tomorrow or after Youth group tonight... I don't have the time to devote right now...

Speaking of Vocation, my teachers have acceded to me taking two days off to go to Gethsemani Abbey for a
week... YAY! that will be really nice...

Also in my psy class I had the highest grade... and I only missed one question more than the teacher did when he took the test, after he made it. But unfortunately in my Logic class, I think I mis-identified two questions as "consistent" when they were "contingent"... so my tiredness might have caught up with me on that test... I'll find out thursday.

Praise God.
Edward

2 comments:

Penitens said...

Interesting. The headline that came to mind was "Vocation Directors Do Spam"

:-)

I suppose it is a little like the Parable of the Sower, spreading the seeds far and wide. Sometimes a seed may fall on good soil that no one might have expected to find.

Prayerful research and discernment is always good, even if your vocation should ultimately lie in the direction of Christian marriage.

Gethsemani should be nice (I haven't been myself).

Congrats RE: PSY. I guess you were CONSISTENT in your view of "contingent" on the Logic test.

Kathleen said...

Wow! That is a lot of vocation emails! I pray that God's will be done in your life as well as in our relationship...be it married or religious life. I will be praying for you while you're on your retreat. God bless you my love!