Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Rain rain go away... well maybe not

so susan and I went biking today up I-10 from the 1604 interchange... we started around 645p and set an easy pace (averaging 13mph) ... the road was okay... not the best (bandera road's ample space is still the best for the major roads outside 1604)... for the first half it was nice, the sun was beginning to set and there was no rain... when we turned around, it got dark really fast and not expecting it to get dark so quickly, I left my head light at home (thankfully my tail light is bolted on my bike...) the way back was going much faster... when rain hit... the rain was small pellets that felt like needles on our faces... and I had to take my glasses off because I couldnt see. when we went through a lower area, a fine mist/fog was forming and it was really beautiful with the headlights of the cars piercing through it... when we got back to the interchange, the overpasses had these waterfalls coming off... and I was thinking that I wanted to go under one when susan said she wanted to... so when we got back into the parking lot, we rode below the waterfalls, it was quite fun!

I was so soaked (even before the waterfalls) that my shoes were buckets of water.

It was fun, but I learned two lessons.. 1. bring head light... 2. bring towel for post ride dry-off.

Praise God for fun!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh darling, you are so fun. :* I'm glad you got home safely.

Adrienne said...

That sounds like fun. I'm not sure if I'll do that anytime soon, but sounds like fun.

Alredhead