Sunday, February 19, 2006

Decisions....

So University of Rhode Island contacted me and said they were "very impressed with both your interview and your application" and were really excited about the possibility of hiring me... I'd be in an upper classman dorm, with three returners, and three newbs on staff with me... (this after I missed the interview time (I thought it was 6 my time, it was 6 their's so I was 15 minutes late, since I have class until 5... I checked my voice mail and found a very tentative message from my interviewers asking where I was... and if I could setup another time... so I called them, and they asked when would be a good time... I actually had expected the call a week later... so I said how about now? I'm game... they asked if I was ready... and I responded No but I'll work with it.)

And University of Northern Colorado, called and were also very impressed with me, and extended me an offer as well...

And Towson hasn't responded yet... (but that was my worst interview, I was really off my game) but they'll call next week, as scheduled.

So I have two (possibly three) offers from institutions (which I expected with my work experience, I'm a fantastic candidate).

And I'll probably turn them all down...

Which is a shame as they'd all be amazing opportunities.

I'm going to New York, if I can get in (CUNY - Hunter). Because that's where Tim wants to go...
It'll be awesome! We'll get to do ministry with the urban dwellers and meet greatly holy men and women. Tested daily and put through the fire, but we'll be burned clean!

It'll be an amazing opportunity to grow and become the holy one I desire so much to be!

New York.

Who'd've guessed.

New York.

And I'm still applying to Stuebie, Loras and Ave Maria...

Crazy
Crazy
Crazy!

But I really feel my heart being drawn to NYC... pulled, much like at times past in my life, like the drawing to Ireland, and Des Moines... God's calling, but I'm not sure where to... Ireland was a proxy for His real plan, NET... is NYC a proxy for a new path?

I wonder.

Sometimes I realise that I can't decide because I fail at my prayer life... I don't take the time I owe Him... and that's why I only feel the vague movings of the Spirit, not the solid determination that I get after prayer... like when I found NET, my heart was solid, and this past summer, despite warnings away of the pain that would follow me, I knew this is where my lord called... so I followed, knowing I would be stepping into a battle... but with Him near, I was assured I'd survive.

Speak lord, your servant is listening.

No comments: