Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Give us Joy to balance our Affliction. Psalm 90:15

Today has been a very weird day, one where I've had such anxiety, worked through it despite my fears, and everything turned out quite nicely. :-)

In fact, at one point (right after finishing a paper I thought I would not complete or complete well) I was so joyous that I just had to play a Triumphal Alleluia chorale, to which I was really really excited and smiling so gleefully.

Another point I was so distracted by something that I thought was turning out quite poorly, only to find out that it in fact was turning out quite well... a relief and a sublime joy followed.

When will I ever learn to just trust Christ? and let him take over my anxiety... or is it something that I actually can't let him take, because he won't? because it's my cross to bear?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I have never heard of Jesus not wanting to help bear someone's cross. We are supposed to surrender ALL to Him.

Remember, God is faithful!

sirhair said...

everyone has a cross to bear, even if you have to bear it in Christ, you still have to bear it.