Sunday, January 07, 2007

Alive again

So those of you that wished my lapse of internet time meant my timely demise, i have news for you, the reports of my death have been greatly exagerated.

I'm currently in poland, and not on my own laptop, so i can't post the photos,etc from the last few days yet (going to work on that in a few)...

but thought you'd like to know that poland feels to me (a foreigner who still remembers the shadows of communism) like grey stark communist satellite... only with a few dabs of colour now thrown in... I guess most of that is due to the architecture being mostly post ww2, due to the complete obliteration of most buildings during the war...

It is a nice country though, and though not "western" in our typical architectural sense, the people are very nice, and the food is rather good. And CHEAP! The cost of a good meal here is roughly 2-3$ which is MUCH cheaper than NYC (which would be from 15-25$ for a similar meal)!

So anyhow I'll post soon, and update on my travel plans... Ciao!

No comments: