Saturday, January 13, 2007

Photos: Day 16: Warsaw and Berlin

Prior to leaving from Warsaw, Anna and I stopped off at a Starbucks Alternative Coffee Shop... And somehow I ended up with an odd look on my face. Not sure why, as I *cough* never make faces.



The Berlin train station was impressive... I think it was five levels of intra- and inter-city transit goodness.

Brian and our Berliner Hefeweisen... they were coloured and flavoured causing us to suspect they're for girls...

My Michelangelo pizza... I was trying to figure out why the heck it was a michelangelo... until I happened upon a locked up childhood memory of the Ninja turtles.

Part of the Berlin wall (The vast majority is torn down) can you imagine how much man power went into bending the rebar and destroying the cement?

This was in one of the "E"s of "Save the Planet". I thought it a novel and interesting take on a typically pacifistic notion but also an apt one.

Name this important symbol of freedom and also of Germany... the Brandenburg gate

The Remodeled Reichstag... (note the geodesic dome on the top that I didn't a good angle on)... A reminder that from our pasts, phoenixes can form.

The Berlin riverwalk at night... looks quite peaceful... I accidentally disturbed two lovers holding each other and viewing the city at night... quite a romantic spot.

The Hauptbahnhopf (Main train station) in Berlin... it was quite cool (see interior pictures above).

Cities sometimes look amazing without people in them.

Some church on an island in Berlin

The same "some church"

Some Architect's realised dream.


An accidental dream.

No comments: