Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day seven, In the castle

Day seven
718pm
In "the castle". Yesterday I arrived by bus to medjugorge. On the bus, I met a girl from Steubie studying at the angelicum named Sara. She was staying with Patrick and Nancy, and offered to see if they had space. When I came, I asked if Nancy knew a Colm from Ireland, who was in India, she said yes and offered me a place to stay... {--}. The place is great. I slept last night for 13 hours... since I hadn't had a bed in a while and little sleep on my travels... I had gone to 6pm mass at the Cathedral, and though I had originally been able to get a standing spot (the room was packed from front to back and it was a large church, with the only spaces where there wasn't a great density of people being the altar (the aisles were completely packed) I had to leave the church during the rosaries preceding the mass, due to feeling weak, fatigued and very very hot... so I got out took a breather and then headed through a sparser crowd to the "yellow building" where it also was packed, though initially all seated (I think it was bigger than the church)... eventually it too had standing room, but still the main aisles remained. During mass I heard the Gospel in something around 10 languages or more none of which were English... after mass I was still feeling weak and sick so I decided to walk to the house and sleep... I did and quite enjoyed a long nap.
Heading down for new years mass/vigil... apparently this is the busiest time of the year... the place is absolutely packed...
826pm
We had piglet for the new years party...

The new years adoration/mass crowd (in one of the four places people were gathered in and around the church)

The Cathedral

The New Years party.

No comments: