Friday, January 12, 2007

Day eighteen: Lille

Day eighteen
1/11/07
321pm
Lille has been a nice rest. I just got in last night, checked emails and then proceeded to passout. Having some interesting dreams. And waking a few minutes prior to a knock at my door signifying dejuener (lunch). The room was still quite nicely dark causing me to wonder if the clocks were wrong until I stepped out to head down for lunch.

The family is a large and happy one that bears my horrid french with smiles and loving laughter. I can follow perhaps 20% of what's said and can mostly understand what is asked of me and said to me. The biggest problem I have is trying to convey what I want to say... But the gist is understood. I think I'd like to figure out a way to study french here in france for a longer period... The question now is how do I get the government to pay for it?
332pm

No comments: