Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day Sixteen

Day sixteen
1/9/07
1134am
On train to berlin.
So I think people across the world are slowly realising (okay perhaps fastly) how inept I truly am. Case in point: my polish friend anna dropped me off for the train asking me periodically "okay what time are you leaving? And where are you going?" and though I quite oft succeeded in answering the second, it was the first that I forgot every five seconds.
Then as I boarded the train she said "take care of yourself" and as I stepped onboard I reponded "I'm always okay" unfortunate for me it was at that moment that the step, or the train, or mabe just the whole world decided to descend about three inches from my very well planned step (i'm very observant I swear!) causing me to stumble into the carriage with a laugh.
1142am
243m
{--}
301pm
311pm
I just came across the lyics to "let my love open the door" on my cell phone... Apparently (and I can't remember this) I put it here at some point.

I really want a four leaf clover... {--}
315pm
357pm
Just went through polish/german customs on the train. It was rather impressive actually. They work in teams of two, one pole, one german. The pole took my passport first, stamped the exit stamp then handed it to the german. Who took it, scanned the machine readable code, waited briefly for the computer to tell him whatever then stamped my entry stamp, handed it back to me and then headed off. Clockwork I say! Clockwork. The whole thing was quicker than when I entered poland by bus (perhaps trains are easier to manage) or croatia by boat.
402pm
425pm
{--}
458pm
540pm
I'm lost (well sort of) I actually got off at the wrong berlin station, but that's only a 2,10 euro and half hour mistake (i'll get there an hour later than planned, but that's because I talked to the reservations desk to find out how much a train would cost (129 euro to lille or more if I want to only go part of the way!) come on bussy bus bus! You had better be a good price... (i'd actually settle for anything cheaper than the train).
544pm
1040pm
In berlin on a blitz tour... Will be in lille late tomorrow night found a cheap bus (46e)... I keep forgetting that europe just recently ended years of struggle and division. I saw the reichstag and brandenburg gate earlier [from the bus]... Now I'm on foot to find them. Had dinner with brian from boston berliner weis and an anchovie, olive and something pizza called the michelangelo.
1046.
1104pm
European survival lesson #1 atm/cash machine = bankomat
That is really the most important thing isn't it?
But here's #2 need a vending machine? Think of different words and add mat to the end... Parkomat postamat... Etc.
1107pm
246am
{--}
251am

No comments: