Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day six... on to bosnia!

Day six 831am
Missed the group that was going to help, but for 15$ I got a ticket and I have some croat spending cash 25$ which promises to buy a meal or stuff... Going into split (spalato as the italians stil call it).
832
It looks promising that i'll find a cheap coat here... So far 150kr for a coat 1e=7+kr
1042
Didn't find a cheap coat... Thought I had and then found out it was a 100 more than I thought...
Also, when in doubt with what to do with spare money: buy food.
1055
For a moment I thought I had finally run into an american... But so far none since rome, and no native speakers since I left the train station in ancona... Crazy. I imagine i'll find some in medjugorge but that's about it.
1057
1103
You miss everything when you don't speak the native languages... Except you can understand most music... It's a few year old american vintage... Madonna "music" and don't worry be happy... Crazy.
1104
1122
Croatia is beautiful!
so was Acona... it's funny finding beauty in places not known for it, and not finding beauty in places known for it (rome isn't that pretty). But Croatia is amazingly gorgeous and clean and simple... a gorgeous mountain range hugging a blue clear sea. I wonder what Bosnia will be like.
1123.
1221pm
It would be so much easier to be a traveller who thought casual sex (or sex) was okay... Many people travel via their pants. Find someone attractive (or at least attracted to you) sleep with them for a few nights then move to the next bed or city...
1224
201
Crossed the border a short bit ago. Its different on this side, about a third of the buildings were toppled over mounds of concrete... I can only imagine that the war did this, but from all the building I can also imagine that it is a recovery. Though the area shows signs of continued poverty, it's poverty that provides neccessities and good housing, just nothing fancy.
207pm

Split was amazing... they still live and use the old roman city which is surprisingly intact....

I bought some homemade cheese YUMMY!

And some grapes!


Croatia seems to have alot of coastline!

No comments: